Civil Surgeon Locator

Are you interested in applying for a United States Green Card? If so, most Green Card applicants will need to complete a medical examination. A >USCIS-approved doctor must perform the medical exam. Your immigration attorney can help you select the correct doctor for this process. 

At the appointment, the doctor will review your medical history and perform a physical examination. The doctor will also collect blood samples to test for communicable diseases such as tuberculosis, syphilis, and gonorrhea. If your Green Card application requires a medical examination, you cannot qualify for a U.S. Green Card without completing this step. For more information about what documents to bring to your exam, speak to your immigration attorney and visit the > U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

It s the civil surgeon's responsibility to provide the U.S. Citizenship and Immigraton Service an accurate report of your examination. Sometimes a chest x-ray is required to check for tuberculosis.  The civil surgeon will also check your immunization history and provide immunizations where required.

A G.P. doctor cannot perform the physical examination. This has to be carried out by a USCIS-approved doctor with no exceptions.